This May, I was lucky enough to spend nearly two weeks in the wonderful country of Norway. I’m far from a professional photographer, but none the less, I ended up with a lot of photos that I really loved and wanted to share. Here are twenty five of my favorites, taken across four cities (Bergen, Odda, Oslo, and Fredrikstad). With any luck, my Norway photos gallery will give you an idea of how incredibly scenic Norway is and show a fraction of what it has to offer.
- Views from the grounds of Halden Prison, in Halden, Norway.
2. Wall Mural art in Bergen, Norway.
3. Boats parked in the harbour in Old Town Fredrikstad, Norway.
4. The square in Old Town Fredrikstad, nearly empty of visitors.
5. Sewer grates in Norway marked with their city names, this one from Fredrikstad.
6. Views from a busy plaza in Bergen, Norway of houses on the hill.
7. Views of central Bergen, Norway.
8. One of many tree-lined streets in Bergen, right off the central plaza.
9. Views from the train ride from Oslo to Bergen, Norway during a snowy leg of the trip.
10. Views from the train ride from Oslo to Bergen, Norway as the temperatures climbed.
11. One of many troll murals painted on building-sides in Bergen, Norway.
12. Views of Bergen from atop the Fløibanen funicular, on Mount Fløyen.
13. These tall, skinny trees were common throughout the forest on Mount Fløyen, in Bergen.
14. Cute souvenirs that tested my willpower in a Bergen souvenir shop. I had to keep reminding myself this would not serve me at all and would not be worth carrying around in my already full backpack for the next six months!
15. Beautiful views of Bergen, on the climb down from Mount Fløyen.
16. More views of the picturesque Bergen.
17. Views of the Bryggen wharf. Note the two buildings in the middle that are under construction, but covered with a tarp to make them blend in and not ruin the photo as much for us tourists! Made me giggle.
18. We discovered a little passageway off of Bryggen with historic buildings that were so adorable to photograph.
19. Another photo from the historic Bryggen area.
20. Views from Odda, Norway, where we stayed as our base to hike Trolltunga.
21. More views from Odda. I can’t imagine living in one of those colorful houses!
22. Views from the bus stop in downtown Odda, Norway.
23. Views from atop Trolltunga.
24. Conquering Trolltunga! I desperately needed the knee brace after the 18 miles it took to hike up and down.
25. The famous Trolltunga Rock that so many flock to each year for the views and the photos. I’ve been told by the locals that there are so many other hikes with just as pretty views, but I still think it was worth the trek to get to this spot!
26. Another icy view from the train ride from Oslo to Bergen. We saw snow, ice, green rolling hills, farms, rocks, lakes, waterfalls, and everything in between!
Well there you have it! Though these pictures don’t do it justice, maybe they’ve convinced you to add Norway to your bucket list so you can see its beauty for yourself. Let me know what your favorite photo was in the comments below!
For more on the scenic beauty of Norway, check out my post on the train ride from Oslo to Bergen.
THANKS FOR CHECKING OUT MY NORWAY PHOTOS GALLERY!
Looking for more posts about Europe? Try these next:
Oslo to Bergen: A Train Ride To Remember
6 Ways to Save in Amsterdam and Belgium
Navigating Portugal: A Helpful Guide for Female Backpackers
I’ve also created three freebies to help you plan your next adventure:
- 50 Practical Travel Tips from Solo Lady Backpackers (a 6-page PDF)
- 20 Tips for Sustainable Travel (a checklist)
- and 30 Jobs to See the World.
After you join the mailing list up, you’ll have access to all the freebies, AND get the password to the Global Directory! The directory will connect you to my recommended resources for each country and tons of travel topics. All blog posts I recommend are written by traveling ladies. From logistics to inspiration, the Global Directory will help you find the info you need no matter where you’re going.